01/8 ‐ 1/12 2018
Mon: 7p Tues: 7p Wed: ODD Thurs: EVEN Fri: 7p
● Although the first deposit has been collected, students/parents/families can still join the trip provided payments are caught up at the time of joining. If you’d like to join, please contact Mr. Toepfer and Mrs. Clevenger, (email@example.com)
● Immediate & extended family members are able to join at the group rate and enjoy all the inclusions and amenities provided in the travel package. Several families are already taking advantage of the opportunity
● Chaperones please contact Chris Clevenger to finalize plans, and put down deposits if you have not already
● Student enrollment in the trip is up to 72 (not including adults), with a few more joining soon. The more, the merrier!
From The Boosters:
● SME Band parent volunteers of any kind (trip chaperone, football, concessions, etc): Parents are encouraged to attend MVP Training (if you have not already) set for Tuesday, January 30th, 6:30 pm at the Center of Academic Achievement (District Office), 8200 W. 71st Street, Overland Park, Kansas. This training is short (approximately 45 minutes), and then one can get their fingerprints taken sometime afterwards on Wednesdays from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm. In order to attend this training, one has to complete and submit the attached form: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=2106446739. Once the forms have been submitted, the training and fingerprints completed, you will be eligible to assist in parent/student band activities, such as chaperoning, etc. The SMEast Band Booster really needs parents to participate and assist in the various activities. Having completed the MVP Training allows one to really get involved in supporting their students and the band. Thank you.
- ● The Boosters would like to thank RACHEL GAST for providing a delicious breakfast to the Band students on December 13th. It was enjoyed by all!
● The Boosters will soon begin filling positions for the 2018‐2019 school year‐it’s that time! If you would like to know more about heading a committee or being on the Board, please contact Susan Nitsch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● If you are an Amazon shopper, don’t forget about the SME Band’s Amazon Smile! Info here: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/81‐4016327
Pit Orchestra: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, 2:50‐4:30pm Pep Band: Tuesday, 1/9, 7am
6th Grade Honor Band: Tuesday, 3:30‐4:30pm (Helpers)
Jazz Improv/Combo: Thursday, 1/11, 2:50‐4:30pm