Weekly Announcements 01/17 ‐ 1/19 2018 Wed: ODD Thurs: EVEN Fri: 7p
● Although the first deposit has been collected, students/parents/families can still join the trip provided payments are caught up at the time of joining. If you’d like to join, please contact Mr. Toepfer and Mrs. Clevenger, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
● Immediate & extended family members are able to join at the group rate and enjoy all the inclusions and amenities provided in the travel package. Several families are already taking advantage of the opportunity
● Chaperones please contact Chris Clevenger to finalize plans, and put down deposits if you have not already
● Total enrollment for the trip is now around 90. The more the merrier ‐‐ can we get it over 100??
From The Boosters:
● SME Band parent volunteers of any kind (trip chaperone, football, concessions, etc): Parents are encouraged to attend MVP Training (if you have not already) set for Tuesday, January 30th, 6:30 pm at the Center of Academic Achievement (District Office), 8200 W. 71st Street, Overland Park, Kansas. This training is short (approximately 45 minutes), and then one can get their fingerprints taken sometime afterwards on Wednesdays from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm. In order to attend this training, one has to complete and submit the attached form: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=2106446739. Once the forms have been submitted, the training and fingerprints completed, you will be eligible to assist in parent/student band activities, such as chaperoning, etc. The SMEast Band Booster really needs parents to participate and assist in the various activities. Having completed the MVP Training allows one to really get involved in supporting their students and the band. Thank you.
● Thank you to everyone who participated in the Dewey’s Pizza Fundraiser!! Thanks to Warren Smith for his help organizing.
● If you are an Amazon shopper, don’t forget about the SME Band’s Amazon Smile! Info here: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/81‐4016327
● Pit Orchestra: Wednesday & Thursday, 2:50‐4:30
● Pep Band (single game vs. KC Schlagle), Thursday, 1/18. Call time: 6pm
● Pete Zimmer Quartet: NYC‐based jazz drummer will be working with both Jazz Bands during the school day on Friday, and will be giving a concert after school in the band room Friday afternoon from 3‐4pm. All are welcome to attend!