- ● Solo & Ensemble Practice/Run‐thrus Monday 4/9, after school, band room
Mr. Toepfer, Ms. Babcock & Ms. Brabant available for coaching help
Play your solos/ensembles for an audience before Saturday. It will help tremendously!
- ● Regional Solo & Ensemble festival: April 14th, Olathe South HS
Thank you to the parents who have signed up to help! The band has met their volunteer requirements. If you’d still like to help (Orchestra and Choir still need more volunteers), please sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050d4ba4a62ea64‐regional1
Those who earn “1” ratings will move on to the State Festival on 4/28 in Topeka
- ● Jazz on the Bridge, 4/20, SM West High School
Fun night featuring all SMSD jazz bands. BBQ dinner & live jazz music in 2 locations Please bring $5‐10 per person for dinner if you plan on eating
Knights performance: 6:30pm (Bridge)
Notes performance: 7:15pm (Cafeteria)
- ● Jazz Night 2018: Friday, 4/27, SM East Auditorium
- ○ Annual jazz fundraiser and showcase of our talented musicians
- ○ Reserve your jazz night t‐shirts here: https://goo.gl/forms/tB0DTvyb49NbKTkh1We need a few parent and student volunteers to help sell tickets or provide baked goods for the post‐concert reception. Sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0f48a8ad2ba31‐jazz
- ● Reserve your seat now for the Shawnee Mission East Lancer Band Banquet Tuesday, May 8 from 6‐8 p.m. in the school cafeteria!
- $15 per person.
10 years of age & under $7 per person
- Reservations are required. Banquet flyer is attached.
- Band Banquet (Link for flyer)
● Band Calendar 2018‐2019 is being finalized! Please note our band camp dates in July/August, and our two marching festival dates in October (6th/20th)
View the calendar online:
Add the calendar to your device in iCal format: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/smsd.org_classroom88da7b11%40group.calendar.go ogle.com/public/basic.ics