Mon: 7p Tues: 7p Wed: ODD Thurs: EVEN (Late Start) Fri: 7p
● Band Banquet RSVPs are due 4/24 ‐‐ Event is Tuesday, May 8 from 6‐8 p.m. in the school cafeteria $15 per person.
10 years of age & under $7 per person
Please RSVP so we can get an accurate headcount for food. Very important!
Reservations are required. Banquet Flyer attached. Band Banquet
● Percussion Ensembles: Missouri Western University Percussion Festival Tuesday, 3/24 Bus leaves at 12pm, returns at 8:30pm
Permission slips sent home last week. Please return by Tuesday
● Pep Assembly: Thursday, 4/26, Seminar. This was rescheduled from last week. Go directly to the band room after 2nd hour. Most of our marching brass instruments are at the shop for summer repair. No mellophones or baritones. Students can use concert instruments or sit out.
● Jazz Night 2018: Friday, 4/27, SM East Auditorium, 7pm
Annual jazz fundraiser and showcase of our talented musicians
Reserve your jazz night t‐shirts here: https://goo.gl/forms/tB0DTvyb49NbKTkh1
We need a few parent and student volunteers to help sell tickets or provide baked goods for the post‐concert reception. Sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0f48a8ad2ba31‐jazz
● Italy Trip 2018‐2019: Payment due
Payment #3 due Friday, 4/27, $1000. Please see the Italy trip section of the website for details. http://smelancerbands.com/?page_id=363
● State Solo & Ensemble Festival: Saturday, April 28th
○ 5900 SW. 61st St, Topeka, KS, 66619
We are sending 10 solos and 4 Ensembles. Very good year!
Performance times will be released tomorrow
Students/parents will need to provide their own transportation or carpool.
● 2018‐2019 Symphonic, Concert and Jazz Band Auditions
Audition materials posted in google classroom. Please submit videos no later than Sunday, April 29, 11:59pm
● Senior slideshow
We are beginning construction of the 2018 slideshow for viewing at the band banquet and we need your pictures!
Please also ask your student if they have any pictures that could be used. We’re looking for all kinds of pictures ranging from serious to silly. Anything band‐related or with band kids in it is great.
You can either email your pics to firstname.lastname@example.org or place them in the Google Drive below: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1opP3pq6WiL045KcEjhK6dfzQ2XAav1A2 Please send your photos before May 1st if you would like them included in the slide show. We will make every effort to include as many pictures as possible!
● Band Varsity Letter Applications
Now being accepted. Pick one up in the band office. Applications are due 4/27
● Italy Trip Fundraiser: 1st Annual SME Kickball Fundraiser, May 12, 2‐8pm, SME Athletic Fields Could the Freshmen soccer players be victorious over the Seniors? What about the Harbinger Staff beating the Basketball teams? How bad could the Debate team beat the faculty? Throw it down on the kickball field and find out in the 1ST Annual Band Kickball Tournament Saturday May 12th starting at 2:30. Each team must consist of 10 people, 5 guys and 5 gals. For a $50 registration fee compete for the top prize of a pizza party from Waldo Pizza and 2nd place wins a small concrete for each team member from Foo’s Fabulous Café. The team in the best costumes wins 2 pizza’s from Pizza 51 West. Pick up the team registration forms and waivers that must be signed to participate in the tournament outside the office. All team captains must email email@example.com to get their team on the bracket. Registration fees go toward sending our very own Marching Lancers to Rome, Italy for the New Years Day Parade. Who will win bragging rights?
● Band Calendar 2018‐2019 Please note our band camp dates in July/August, and our two marching festival dates in October (6th/20th)
View the calendar online:
Add the calendar to your device in iCal format: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/smsd.org_classroom88da7b11%40group.calendar.go ogle.com/public/basic.ics