Weekly Announcements: 8/20 — 8/25
See the band calendar and more at: http://www.smelancerbands.com
Mon: 7‑period Tues : 7‑period Wed: ODD classes Thurs: EVEN classes (Late Start) Fri: 7‑period
Marching Band Zero Hour rehearsals continue every day but Thursday. Great job last week!
Car Wash Recap
Thanks for a terrific turnout at the car wash this weekend! The donated power washers, towels, sponges, food & drinks, and of course the volunteers were much appreciated. We had student ensembles playing in multiple locations, parents working on props for the marching show, marching band pictures inside, and positive attitudes from the kids, all contributing to a successful day. If you have any leftover ticket sales, please turn those in Monday. We made around $4,000 – another great turnout! HUGE thanks to Michelle Bunte and the Band Boosters for their work in organizing the day.
If you missed headshots for marching band picture buttons, the photographers will be back on 8/29 at 7am to complete the rest of the pictures and take large group photos. Order packets for all photos will be sent home this week.
Senior Pictures for banners, posters, etc
– Tuesday 8/21 from 6:00pm‑8:00pm. ALL seniors, regardless of band. Dress: concert wear
(tuxedos, suits(jazz) or formal dresses), and instruments. Location is downtown but still working out the specific location with the photographer
Marching Band: Sectionals Tuesday, 8/21, 6:30‑8:00pm
– Mandatory sectionals & rehearsals will run each Tuesday through October
Mission Sunflower Festival Parade Saturday, 8/25 ‑‑ Marching AND Cadet Band
– Meet: 8:15am , old Mission Bowl parking lot, just south of Martway between Roeland Dr and Nall. Please enter the parking are from the East side (by Wendy’s off of Roeland Dr)
– Parade starts at Mission Transit Center & goes WEST to Beverly Ave, beginning at 9am. Pickup location: Sylvester Powell Community Center ‑‑ parade goes in opposite direction of last year
– Attire: Blue Band T‑Shirt, Band ball cap, shorts, athletic shoes.
Water bottle donations needed
– Help the band stay hydrated! Please donate one (1) case of water per student. This water will be used for parades, marching festivals, pep band, and events throughout the year. Please drop off in the band room this week.
PA System for Marching Band
– For our marching show we will be featuring a stage on the sidelines and will need to amplify soloists and our front ensemble. We are currently assembling equipment and are in need of: amps, monitors, microphones, speakers & subwoofers. If you have any items you are able to
donate, let us borrow or purchase, please contact Mr. Toepfer. Remember your donations are tax deductible. We are currently writing a grant for a permanent solution but we need something to help us through this year.
Band Merchandise Store
– Shop for your SME Band fan‑gear and reserve your KC Jazz Marching Show shirt here.
– There is still time to join! Visit the trip website at http://smelancerbands.com/?page_id=363 for more information
– Passports are due ‑‑ please send in a copy or scan/photo & email to Mr. Toepfer, firstname.lastname@example.org
– Next payment deadline: $750 due September 1st. Mail or send in checks to the band office, 7500 Mission RD, 66208.
– Mark your calendars ‑‑ September 15th pep band fundraiser at the River Market. More info coming soon
Corporate Fundraising Chair Needed
– In this position you will meet and engage with local merchants to coordinate fundraising events and obtain corporate sponsorships throughout the year.
– If interested, please contact Jake Hood: email@example.com