Mon: 7p Tues: 7p Wed: ODD Thurs: EVEN (Late Start) Fri: NO SCHOOL
● SMSD Symphonic Band Festival Tuesday, 3/27, 7pm, SME Auditorium
Featuring all 5 SMSD Symphonic Bands playing their contest pieces. Concert band please come watch
Attire: Formal Concert Wear
Call time: 6:30pm
○ Dr. Joe Parisi (UMKC) will be in attendance. Symphonic band will be rehearsing with Dr. Parisi 7th hour Wednesday (3‐28). You will be excused from your 7th hour class. Please get any makeup work done ahead of time. Tests or quizzes can be made up 1st hour with approval.
● Drumline Performing for Royals Opening Day Tailgate Party, Thursday 3/29, Kauffman Stadium Permission slips will be sent home Monday. Students will miss 4th & 6th hour Thursday. Bus will leave at 11:45am and return by 3:00.
● Italy Trip
Hen House Grocery Fundraiser Friday 3/30 & Saturday 3/31. Students sign up to sack/deliver groceries. Sign up for as many shifts as you want. Students need to bring a tip jar, write a little blurb about who they are and how the money will be used.. Tips go directly towards your Italy trip! Parents: help students manage money: can be turned in with next payment or kept as spending money for the trip. Sign up in Google Classroom, or click here: https://goo.gl/forms/6vhRZowlSFPglvaB3
Get those passports going! It is recommended that you let the post office take your passport photo in case it is not up to “spec”. The passport fee is increasing by $10 effective April 1st.
● Regional Solo & Ensemble festival: April 14th, Olathe South HS
Parents, please sign up for volunteer shifts. Each school is required to have at least 3 parent volunteers. We need at least one more. Please sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050d4ba4a62ea64‐regional1
Staff accompanist Susan Parsons is available (very reasonable fee): 913‐522‐2342
● Concert Wear:
With the Concert Wear‐ing season now officially upon us, we wanted to let you know about special prices we have arranged with Pride Cleaners:
Formal wear = $4.49 per item (jacket; pants; skirt; top)
Men’s tuxedo shirt = $2.49
Cummerbund = $2.00
Tie = $2.00
These discounted prices will be in effect not only for required dry‐cleaning at the end of Concert season, but also if you are in need of getting items cleaned between now and then.
***Please mention SM‐East Band discount when you drop items off***
**Continued on next page**
● Band Boosters
Become more involved with Band! Parent Booster positions are available for the 2018‐2019 school year. Please email Jake Hood at email@example.com if interested.
● Communication & Social Media Resources ‐‐
Please “like/share/retweet” to help get the word out! http://www.smelancerbands.com‐‐ announcements, calendar, handbook, general info
https://www.facebook.com/groups/smeband/ ‐‐ private Facebook group for group communication
https://www.facebook.com/smelancerband/ ‐‐ public Facebook group for SME Band Fans and PR