01/29 ‐ 2/2 2018
Mon: 7p Tues: 7p Wed: ODD Thurs: EVEN (Late Start) Fri: 7p
● Pep Band: NO 7am Tuesday
● Pit Orchestra: See schedule in “Curtains” google classroom
● Thursday Jazz Jam Session: 2:50‐4:30
● Pep Band
○ Tuesday: Call time 5pm. Double Header vs. Lawrence
○ Friday: 5th & 6th grade Little Lancer Night, call time 4:45pm. Double Header vs. Freestate.
Support your future lancer band members! Section leaders needed for registration tables. More info in class. All students must wear blue band t‐shirts to pep band. Students not in uniform will be turned away. Extra shirts available for $5
● Parent Concession Workers needed: Two opportunities this week! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4dacaa22aafb6‐band1
General Announcements: From The Boosters:
● Thank you to WARREN SMITH for organizing the Dewey’s Pizza fundraiser. The Band received a share back from Dewey’s!
● Thank you to STACEY SMITH and LAUREN CONDERMAN for providing pizza for hungry band students, the night of the Rockhurst game.
● RUSTY AND LISA DEBEY did a great job organizing two concession stands for the at‐full‐capacity Rockhurst game. All profits from the Concession Stand benefit the band!
● You may have noticed the new cool ball‐caps being worn by the Band Students during pep performances! The design for the hats was created by ALEX WHITE, senior. Hats were provided courtesy of the SME Pep Club and the Band Boosters.
● SME Band parent volunteers of any kind (trip chaperone, football, concessions, etc): Parents are encouraged to attend MVP Training (if you have not already) set for Tuesday, January 30th, 6:30 pm at the Center of Academic Achievement (District Office), 8200 W. 71st Street, Overland Park, Kansas. This training is short (approximately 45 minutes), and then one can get their fingerprints taken sometime afterwards on Wednesdays from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm. In order to attend this training, one has to complete and submit the attached form: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=2106446739. Once the forms have been submitted, the training and fingerprints completed, you will be eligible to assist in parent/student band activities, such as chaperoning, etc.
● If you are an Amazon shopper, don’t forget about the SME Band’s Amazon Smile! Info here: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/81‐4016327