Weekly Announcements: 8/13 — 8/18
See the band calendar and more at: http://www.smelancerbands.com
Mon: 7-period | Tues: 7-period | Wed: ODD classes | Thurs: EVEN classes (Late Start) | Fri: 7-period
Band Senior Pictures
– Scheduled for Tuesday 8/21 from 6:00-7:30 (or however long we need). Backup date is Thursday morning (8/23) before late start. These photos are for ALL seniors, regardless of marching band/jazz band/symphonic band, etc. Please let us know your preference via the google form: https://goo.gl/forms/58ldo0os6NpTjJXk2
Band Leadership Seminar with Dr. Tim Lautzenheizer
– For MB section leaders & drum majors. 4:30-7pm, Tuesday 8/14. Meet at Blue Valley HS by 4:15pm.
Marching Band: 7am rehearsals start WEDNESDAY, 8/15.
– Front ensemble: please arrive at 6:30am to move equipment to field
– Drumline: 6:45 warm-up
Rehearsal starts at 7am. Please arrive by 6:45qm to ensure you have time to assemble instruments, gather music/supplies and be ready to START at 7am.
Car Wash Saturday, 8/18
– Tickets were handed out during camp. Please return unsold tickets and/or ticket money by Saturday AM. Please do not hand out free tickets. Can we beat last year’s total of $5,000??
– More tickets can be picked up in the band office.
– Just a few more volunteers needed. Thanks for the great response! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080c4cafad23a64-2018
Headshots for picture buttons
– Marching & Cadet Band headshots for photo buttons will be taken on Saturday, August 18th starting at 12:30pm in the band room. That is the same day as the car wash but doesn’t overlap much. Makeup button pictures will be taken on 8/29 from 7am-7:45am when we take our group photos.
– Students will wear uniform tops and instruments for their headshots
Band Merchandise Store
– You’ve asked for it — here it is! Shop for your SME Band fan-gear and reserve your KC Jazz Marching Show shirt here. https://smeastband2018.itemorder.com/sale
– Only 137 days left, but there is still time to join! Visit the trip website at http://smelancerbands.com/?page_id=363 for more information
– Passports are due — please send in a copy or scan/photo & email to Mr. Toepfer, email@example.com
– Next payment deadline: $750 due September 1st. Mail or send in checks to the band office, 7500 Mission RD, 66208.
– Salty Iguana Night is this Wednesday, 8/15. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Italy trip fund from 5pm-Close. We will publicize on social media and website, please help us spread the word!
– Kona Ice will be on site at the band car wash Saturday from 11am-2pm; stop by for a refreshing treat afterwards and help support the trip.
– Mark your calendars — September 15th pep band fundraiser at the River Market. More info coming soon
Corporate Fundraising Chair Needed
– In this position you will meet and engage with local merchants to coordinate fundraising events and obtain corporate sponsorships throughout the year.
– If interested, please contact Jake Hood: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Email security
– There has been an email scam targeting school organizations, where the scammer impersonates a school administrator, booster president or teacher. The scammers will ask you to quickly return their email, and then ask for donations or gift cards. Neither the band boosters nor directors will ever contact you for individual donations. If in doubt, please contact a director or other booster board member.