Weekly Announcements: 9/03 — 9/08
See the band calendar and more at: http://www.smelancerbands.com
Mon: NO SCHOOL Tues : 7p Wed: ODD Thurs: EVEN (Late Start) Fri: 7p
Water bottle donations ‐ thanks to all who have donated so far.
– Help the band stay hydrated! Please donate one (1) case of water per student. This water will be used for parades, marching festivals, pep band, and events throughout the year. Please drop off in the band room this week.
– The district has changed the Transportation Release for this year and it is not available online. Please print, fill out and return ASAP. It is attached to the announcements email. If you have done this for a fall sport already, you do not need to fill out another one.
Marching Band: Stadium Rehearsal #1
– SM NORTH Stadium, 6:00 ‐ 8:00pm (Please note the time change from sectionals. The rehearsal starts at 6:00pm.)
– Location: Shawnee Mission North District Stadium, 7401 Johnson Drive, Overland Park, 66202
– This will be a full‐band rehearsal in place of sectionals. Since we don’t have a stadium to rehearse in, it is very important ALL Marching Band students participate. Cadet band is not expected to attend
– Drumline, tubas & front ensemble: Load equipment @5:00pm.
– All students should arrive by 5:50pm.
Band Booster Meeting Wednesday, 9/5, 7pm, Band Room
– Come see what’s going on in the band boosters! Lots of fun events and opportunities to volunteer coming up
Senior Picture Selections Due Wednesday, 9/5
– Please see email from Lauren Conderman on 9/2. Email email@example.com with questions
Blue Knights perform at the Prairie Village Jazz Festival Saturday, 9/8, from 3:00‐3:45pm, Harmon Park
– With special guests, SME Chamber Choir
– Knights are the only HS group performing. The rest of the professional lineup includes Victor & Penny, Stan Kessler/Danny Embrey Conspiracy, The Enormous Guitar Project, the Molly Hammer Quintet, and headliner Logan Richardson
– Knights sound check from 12‐12:30pm. Return to backstage by 2:30pm.
– Admission for students/adults: $5. Bring lawn chair or blanket to sit on. Knights get free admission to the rest of the festival
Italy Trip Fundraising Opportunity
– 10 students needed to pick up trash during and after the Prairie Village Jazz Festival. Earn money for your trip (up to $60), sign up on the Google form below
– Only students may sign up using their SMSD Google Accounts: https://goo.gl/forms/NEpDIVpxTpvqo3ty1
Logan Lowrey Care Fund
– Please read the writeup on http://smelancerbands.com and donate if you can!