Weekly Announcements: 9/24 — 9/29
See the band calendar and more at: http://www.smelancerbands.com
Mon: 7p Tues : 7p Wed: ODD Thurs: EVEN (Late Start) Fri: 7p
Marching Band: Rehearsal and Sectionals Tuesday, 9/25/18, @ SME 6‑8pm
– Football field and music rooms reserved
– Rehearsal indoors in case of rain (forecast is showing 90% chance of rain)
Marching Band Music Memorization: Due Monday 10/1/18, 3pm (before the SMSD festival)
– Assignments and metronome markings have been posted in google classroom
– Each member of the band is accountable for their part! Let’s make this the best show yet!
Football Game #3, Thursday 9/27, SM North District Stadium
– Call time @ SME 5pm
– Tubas/Drumline/Pit/large instruments assist loading the truck before putting on uniforms. Great work in assisting with equipment this year! Thank you for the “team first” attitude!
– Parent volunteers: we will have our full setup and need volunteers to help with equipment, podiums & props
– Parent volunteer sign‑up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0f48a8ad2ba31‑football2
Overland Park Fall Festival Parade, Saturday 9/29, Downtown Overland Park.
As of Sunday afternoon we have not received specific timing details, but here are general instructions:
– Students can take uniforms home Friday after school or pick them up Saturday morning beginning at 8am
– Load equipment truck at SME beginning at 8am
– Meeting point: 75th & Floyd, west side of the street, Verizon/Overland Park Awards parking lots.
– Meeting time will be sent out when I receive our performance time details
– Parade is from 10am‑12pm.
– Pick up point: Kenmark parking lot, just south of the Santa Fe/Conser traffic circle
– Parade info & website: https://downtownop.org/fall‑festival‑parade
Brass & percussion opportunity! Fountain City Youth Brass Academy
– The Fountain City youth brass academy is organized and taught by members of the Fountain City Brass Band, a world class performing ensemble based in Kansas City. All brass & percussion students are encouraged to participate regardless of playing ability. Students will receive individual & group instruction by professional musicians and educators.
– Registration deadline is 10/13. For more information, visit http://fcyba.net
Logan Lowrey Care Fund
– Please read the write up on http://smelancerbands.com and donate if you can!