Weekly Announcements: 10/01 — 10/06
See the band calendar and more at: http://www.smelancerbands.com
Mon: 7p Tues : 7p Wed: ODD Thurs: EVEN (Late Start) Fri: 7p
Apparel and Jackets
– Those who ordered SME band apparel through the website, your orders are in! Please pick up in the band office Monday.
– The Band Boosters have bought blue SME Band jackets for everyone in the band! They will be handed out Monday. These are FREE and yours to keep. Please label clearly on the inside tag with your name. Replacement jackets are $30.
Marching Band: SMSD Marching Festival Monday 10/1, 7pm, SM SOUTH Stadium
– Call time: 5pm @ SME, change into uniforms and load truck
– Drums, water, large instruments (except sousas) go in back 3 rows of each bus . Props and large percussion need every bit of the truck space
– Performance order: SMW, SME, SMN, SMS, SMNW
– See separate document for seating and logistical information
Marching Band Music Memorization: Due Monday 10/1/18, 3pm (before the SMSD festival)
– Assignments and metronome markings have been posted in google classroom
Percussion Sectional 6pm‑8pm Tuesday, 10/2 with Dr. Hewitt
– Drumline & front ensemble: Mandatory attendance
Lee’s Summit North Marching Festival Saturday, 10/6
– Call time @SME: 12:45pm
– Return to SME: 9:45pm
– Please see detail itinerary for more information
– Please remember that on “Late Start” days, teachers are contractually obligated to attend meetings or complete departmental work. Students arriving before 8:40am may enter through the cafeteria hallway doors and gather in the cafeteria, but they are not to enter through the band room or be in the music hallways . There is not ample supervision in those areas at those times.
Band Office Hours
– We are happy to meet with parents and students at any time we are free. Due to our very limited amount of planning time, we request that all parents and visitors arrange a time to meet or call/email ahead before visiting between the hours of 6:30am‑3:30pm.
Brass & percussion opportunity! Fountain City Youth Brass Academy
– The Fountain City youth brass academy is organized and taught by members of the Fountain City Brass Band, a world class performing ensemble based in Kansas City. All brass & percussion students are encouraged to participate regardless of playing ability. Students will receive individual & group instruction by professional musicians and educators.
– Registration deadline is 10/13. For more information, visit http://fcyba.net
– There are 2 weeks left to sign up for the Italy Trip! The final date is Oct 12. At that time if you decide to come we must have a copy of your passport. ALL payments are due NO LATER than Oct 28.
Logan Lowrey Care Fund
– Please read the write up on http://smelancerbands.com and donate if you can!