Weekly Announcements: 10/08 — 10/13
See the band calendar and more at: http://www.smelancerbands.com
Mon: 7p Tues : 7p Wed: Testing Thurs :7p* Fri: NO SCHOOL
*please note we have zero hour/1st hour on THURSDAY instead of Wednesday this week
Monday, 10/8, 7pm: Jazz Band and Cadet Band Concert
– Call time: 6:15pm
– Attire for Cadet Band & Blue Notes: slacks/button downs/dresses, etc. Please no jeans/athletic shoes
– Attire for Blue Knights: Dress Pants/Suit jackets/blazers, muted colors
Tuesday, 10/9, 6pm‑8pm: Marching Band Sectionals
– Music Memorization, drill cleanup
Thursday, 10/11, 7pm: Band Booster Meeting
– Come see what is happening with the band boosters!
Friday, 10/12: Football Game #4 (Homecoming)
– Middle School Band Night : Band Students from IHMS will be joining us for pregame and will sit with us during pep band in the stands
– The homecoming ceremony will take all of halftime, so we will be performing the show after the game
– Call time: 4:45pm. We will need to be at SMN by 5:30 to practice pregame with the middle school kids.
– All trip participants, please fill out the Food Allergy/Accommodations form ASAP:
– There is one week left to sign up for the Italy Trip! The final date is Oct 12. At that time if you decide to come we must have a copy of your passport. ALL payments are due NO LATER than Oct 28
Band Office Hours
– We are happy to meet with parents and students at any time we are free. Due to our very limited amount of planning time, we request that all parents and visitors arrange a time to meet or call/email ahead before visiting between the hours of 6:30am‑3:30pm.
Brass & percussion opportunity! Fountain City Youth Brass Academy
– The Fountain City youth brass academy is organized and taught by members of the Fountain City Brass Band, a world class performing ensemble based in Kansas City. All brass & percussion students are encouraged to participate regardless of playing ability. Students will receive individual & group instruction by professional musicians and educators.
– Registration deadline is 10/13. For more information, visit http://fcyba.net
Logan Lowrey Care Fund
– Please read the write up on http://smelancerbands.com and donate if you can!