Weekly Announcements: 10/15 — 10/20
See the band calendar and more at: http://www.smelancerbands.com
Mon: 7p Tues : 7p Wed: ODD Thurs: EVEN Fri: 7p
This is the last week for Tuesday night rehearsals and zero hour. This time of year tests the character of marching bands everywhere. When you’re tired and you see the light at the end of the tunnel, how do you respond? Do we slow down and coast, or keep pushing through to the end? Let’s renew our focus, commitment and determination this week. You all have worked too hard since July to ‘check out’. We have our biggest test of the year this coming Saturday. Let’s make it the best one yet!
Tuesday, 10/16, 6pm‑8pm: Marching Band Sectionals & Rehearsal
– Music Memorization, drill cleanup
Saturday, 10/20, 7:45am‑? Kansas Bandmasters Association State Marching Championships, Washburn University in Topeka
– Forecast is 60 & Sunny…perfect marching band weather!
– Call time: 7:45am , SME
– Prelims Performance: 11:30am
– Lunch @ 12:15pm , provided by boosters
– Watch bands until prelim awards @4:45‑5:00
– Dinner @ 5:30 provided by boosters
– If we make finals we will play between 7‑9pm . If we do not, we will head home
– Detail itinerary with maps/parking/logistical information coming soon
– Volunteer sign‑up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0F48A8AD2BA31kbawashburn
– If you are bringing a personal instrument to Italy, please fill out the form below. Sorry for the annoying amount of detail needed. We have to do this for every piece of equipment going on the trip! https://goo.gl/forms/5Cbbds426nEjFIW82
– All trip participants, please fill out the Food Allergy/Accommodations form ASAP: https://goo.gl/forms/xa6s7iJSswsnfRgy2
– ALL payments are due NO LATER than Oct 28
Logan Lowrey Care Fund
– Please read the write up on http://smelancerbands.com and donate if you can!
10/26: Home Football Playoff Game & Glow Show ‑‑ Yes, it’s back (with some conditions)
– Students dress in all‑black & decorate yourselves in LED battery‑powered lights
– We perform after the football game in the dark!
– Students must perform the show exactly as written/choreographed. It is critical for the safety of the performers and the integrity of the show.
– Students making poor decisions will be immediately pulled from the field and suspended from future band activities (possibly the Italy Trip, future concerts, etc)
– Let’s not repeat 2017. Families travel from out of town to watch. The community supports us. Do the right thing.
10/29: Jazz Combo @ Overland Park Mayor’s Volunteer Reception ‑‑ details will be discussed in class